Search

How apprentices can bring new talent into your organisation



Did you know that you can bring new talent into your business with apprenticeships?


Apprenticeships are an exciting option for both apprentice and employer. Not only can you employ apprentices at different levels, from school leavers and university graduates, to people who want to further their careers or change career direction completely. You can hire someone new or up-skill an existing employee.



The benefits for your business:

Hiring an apprentice and/or investing in apprenticeship training delivers many benefits to the business and return on investment, including:


  • It is a productive and effective way to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.

  • Its flexible, you can adapt their training according to the needs of your business

  • Apprentices are motivated to learn new skills which in turn can lead to filling skill gaps within your business.

  • You can expand and up-skill your workforce.

  • You can future-proof your workforce through an apprenticeship.

  • Through an apprenticeship, your workforce is acquiring the skills and knowledge that your business needs.

  • Investing in apprenticeship training can help you to retain talent.


Key apprenticeship information that you need to know as an employer:

Employing an apprentice is easier than you think and there’s financial support and help from the government. Here are some keys things that you need to know as an employer considering apprenticeship training:


What is a levy paying employer?

The levy due by an employer is paid to HMRC through the Pay-as-you-earn (P.A.Y.E) process alongside payment of Income Tax and National Insurance contributions and is held in a 'digital fund' that you, the employer, can use to pay for apprenticeship training. A 10% contribution is added to each monthly payment.


Non-levy paying employers

Share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with government; this is called 'co-investment'. You will now pay 5% towards the cost of apprenticeship training. The government will pay the rest (95%) up to the funding band maximum.

From January 2020 employers who do not pay the apprenticeship levy will be able to reserve funding for an apprenticeship in advance of recruitment or an offer of an apprenticeship being made to an existing employee. This will be through your Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) account.


What is a DAS Levy Account?

The Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) is designed to help employers access new apprenticeship standards, training providers and funding for apprenticeships through an online service account. The DAS puts employers in control and allows you to access funding for apprenticeship training.

You can find out more information on how you hire an apprentice or apprenticeship training HERE



How to train your workforce:

Once you have decided on the type of apprenticeship(s) that your business needs you will need to find a training provider.


Here comes the shameless plug alert…! Choice Training is the apprenticeship training provider to over 60 major companies including NG Bailey, NHS, Royal Mail, CBRE and Bank of England, to name a few. We have state of the art facilities, fully trained and qualified staff all within a family feel environment and community at our campus in Dagenham.

We run a full range of NVQ qualifications as well as providing bespoke courses specifically to meet your needs; from DIY to large scale up-skilling of your workforce. We pride ourselves on our relationships with our partners. Employers like our services because they can always speak to us directly. All aspects of the apprenticeship are delivered directly by us to the highest standard that our employers expect.


You can find out more about becoming one of our partners HERE


But don’t just take our word for it, see what some of our partners have to say…


“Choice Training provide an efficient and professional service to the students as well as to us the employer. Communication is clear and as an employer we are kept up to date on all related matters.”

Human Resources Manager, Optimum


“In regards to how Choice training has worked with Arcus, it has been very good. All of our apprentices enjoy the experience and look forward to attending.”

Technical Training Manager, Arcus



Future-proof your workforce with apprenticeship training from

Choice Training.


6 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Grab a cuppa and take a couple of minutes to find out more about our wonderful team here at Choice Training. First up... we talk to Simone Frankel our Apprenticeship & Welfare Manager. What does your